- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Brief Solution-Focused Therapy (BSFT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Depression and Anxiety, as well as other mood disorder
- Marriage and Couples Counseling
- Adjustment/Life Transition Issues
- Stress Management
- Grief, Trauma, and Loss
- ADHD and ODD Issues
BACKGROUND AND TRAINING
Susan is a Licensed Professional Counselor. She earned a Bachelor’s Degree from Athens University in Behavioral Science, and a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology from A&M University. Susan has been in practice in North Alabama for the past 24 years, with experience in both outpatient and inpatient settings. She has served a variety of populations, and has led individual, group, marital, and family therapy sessions.
Susan currently works with children, adolescents, and adults in therapy. Her main passion is to improve individuals and families lives by assisting in their development of personal growth, empowerment, and increasing their awareness of their own power in order to make positive changes in their lives. Ultimately, Susan’s goal is to help clients reach their short- and long-term goals.